Northwestern currently has partner benefits with Art Institute of Chicago and the Museum of Contemporary Art-Chicago
University Partners Fest at the Art Institute February 25, 2023, 11:00am-5:00pm
- University Partner Fest is a daylong event at the Art Institute of Chicago where students from our partner institutions are invited to explore the museum, meet their peers, and learn from faculty and museum professionals across institutions.
- Present your Wildcard at the registration tables, located in the museum’s Michigan Avenue and Modern Wing lobbies for entry!
- Transportation: The Art Institute of Chicago can be best accessed by taking the CTA. From Evanston, ride Purple Line or 201 Bus to Howard. Ride Red Line to Monroe and go due east. Modern Wing entrance is on Monroe east of Michigan Ave. Michigan Ave. entrance is south of Monroe St.
- Program Schedule:
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm | Student Art Talks: Join emerging college and university scholars for conversations about works of art throughout the galleries
- 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm | Welcome Remarks and Museum Career Panel: Meet in the Rubloff Auditorium to hear from Madeline Shearer, associate director for institutional philanthropy, who will welcome all students, staff, and faculty to the Art Institute. Then, Miguel Perez, associate director of engagement programs, will lead a panel of museum professionals in a discussion of their diverse roles and dynamic career paths.
- Panelists will include Chris Brooks, conservation technician of frames, Jen Nelson, director of marketing, and Catie Rutledge, assistant project manager of exhibitions.
- 2: 00 pm - 3:00 pm | Faculty Gallery Activations
- Bring the museum galleries to life in exciting activations with faculty from across the University Partner Program. There will be art talks, poetry readings, drawing opportunities, and more!
- 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm | Art-Making Activity
- Students, staff, and faculty alike are invited to participate in this art-making activity inspired by artworks in the museum’s collection. This program will be held in the Ryan Learning Center in Classroom 2.
- 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm | Reception
- End the day in Terzo Piano where you can meet peers and faculty from different colleges and universities as well as museum professionals and intern alumni. You also have the chance to learn more about internship and job opportunities at hte museum from the Art Institute’s Academic Engagement and Research department as well as Human Resources.
- For more info visit: https://artic.edu/upf
- All valid undergraduate Wildcard holders enjoy free admission to the Art Institute anytime the museum is open to the public. Just present your Wildcard at the ticket counter at either Michigan Ave or Modern Wing entrance.
- Look for updates on Northwestern-hosted events at the Art Institute. Northwestern events at the museum are free and open to all members of the Northwestern University community and their guests.
- This museum partnership is financially supported by the Office of the President.
- For information about planning a Northwestern-sponsored outing to the Art Institute of Chicago, please email: email@example.com