Fall 2021 Northwestern Day at the Art Institute
All students, faculty, staff, and their guests are welcome to visit the Art Institute of Chicago for FREE Thursday November 4, 3:00-6:00pm. All Wildcard-holders can visit the ticket counter and present their Wildcard in exchange for tickets for themselves and others in their party . Please visit the Art Institute website for information about COVID protocols and visitor rules.
Undergraduate and graduate students can receive free round-trip transportation via CTA. More information and sign-up available on the Wildcat Connection form (limit to first 250 students who sign up).
No RSVP is needed to participate in this event. However, pre-registration is required to attend one of the guided tours. Sign-up form is below. The pre-registration form is scheduled to close when maximum capacity is reached. However, we still encourage you to visit the museum and we will allow folx to join a standby list in the event of no-shows or cancels.
Highlights of the Art Institute
Thursday, November 4
Meet in Modern Wing Griffin Court
Join Art Institute lecturer Annie Morse for this tour of iconic objects in the museum's collection. This tour is exclusive to guests of Northwestern University Day. Pre-register for this tour.
Environmental Sustainability Through the Museum Lens
Thursday, November 4
Meet in the Modern Wing Griffin Court
Join Art Institute educator Giovanni Aloi for a tour inspired by themes from this year's One Book One Northwestern selection, The Story of More by Hope Jahren. Aloi is an author and curator specializing in the representation of nature in modern and contemporary art, and teaches art history and visual culture at School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Pre-register for this tour.
Museum of Contemporary Art of Chicago
- All Wildcard holders (students, faculty, and staff) enjoy free admission to the galleries anytime the museum is open to the public. Just present your Wildcard at the ticket counter.
- Intercampus shuttle drops off right in front of museum steps; otherwise take CTA to Chicago-Red station and less than a 10-minute walk.
Art Institute of Chicago
- All valid undergraduate Wildcard holders enjoy free admission to the Art Institute anytime the museum is open to the public. Just present your Wildcard at the ticket counter at either Michigan Ave or Modern Wing entrance.
- Look for updates on Northwestern-hosted events at the Art Institute starting in Fall 2021. Northwestern events at the museum are free and open to all members of the Northwestern University community and their guests.
- This museum partnership is financially supported by the Office of the President.
- For information about planning a Northwestern-sponsored outing to the Art Institute of Chicago, please email: email@example.com