National First-Gen College Student Day 2022 is on Tuesday, November 8th!
- When: Tuesday, November 8th from 9:30a.m. - 11:00a.m. at The Rock
- Rain Location: Multicultural Center (MCC)
- In honor of National First-Gen College Student Day, come meet us bright and early at The Rock for grab-and-go breakfast. Collaborate on a celebratory display on what it means to be First-Gen!
- When: Tuesday, November 8th from 5:30p.m. - 6:30p.m. in the Multicultural Center (MCC)
- Do you get stuck when you have to talk about yourself in an interview? Learn how to communicate the value of being a first-generation college student to enhance your career goals by connecting with Northwestern Career Advancement‘s BIPOC/FGLI Team and other first-generation students.
- Dinner will be available
- RSVP BY CLICKING ON ME
Want to keep the celebration going between and after our events? Check out our curated Spotify playlist. Feel free to add songs that are bringing you joy! We want to know what First-Gen students are listening to.
First-generation college students are first in their families to graduate from a four-year college or university. At Northwestern, we celebrate the strengths, assets, and leadership that our first-generation students, faculty, and staff bring to campus.
What is "I'm First"?
“I'm First” is an online campaign that honors the first generation experience at Northwestern through storytelling and awareness-building. Our campaign includes four elements:
View photos from previous #ImFirstNU events and National First-Gen Week (November 8 - 13th) 2020
Read about our I'm First Launch in Spring 2018
Interested in connecting with a faculty or staff member who share your first-gen identity? Check out our I'm First directory. First-generation faculty, PhD students, and staff can join the directory by submitting your first-generation story here.
Your first-gen identity should be celebrated! Wear your First Gen swag every Friday and use our I'm First Filter to represent the NU first-gen community. Tag us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram with #ImFirstNU. Want to share the love on Facebook? You can add our custom filter to your pictures—click here and search I’m First NU.
Showcase your first-gen pride and wear your swag with confidence during large campus events (Wildcat Welcome, Family Weekend, Heritage Month Events, and more!).
I'm First swag will be available in Spring 2023.