Tax Forms Issued by the University
W-2 Statement of Wages (to employees)
Contact: Payroll Office, 847.491.7362
1099-MISC (issued by the University to various independent contractors, attorneys, others)
- A 1099-MISC form is issued by the University to individuals that were paid by the University for:
- Independent contractor services, awards, or participation in research totaling $600 or more for the calendar year,
- Royalties totaling $10 or more for the calendar year.
- Information on the 1099-MISC form is generated from NUFinancials for individuals and attorneys coded as taxable vendors and have received a taxable payment.
- Reimbursements of expenses are not taxable and should be paid on a nontaxable expense code, such as 75015 Professional Services Reimbursement or 76710 General Travel.
- Contact: If you have questions on a 1099-MISC issued to you by the University, contact Accounts Payable at 847.491.7339. For all other inquiries, contact Tax and Regulatory Services, Shawn Cabinian, 847.491.5799
1098-T Tuition Payments Statement (issued to students)
Contact: Student Finance – Student account inquiries at email@example.com or 847.491.5224
1098-E Student Loan Interest Statement (issued to students)
Contact: Student Finance – Student loan inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.491.3125
1099-K Payment Card and Third Party Network Forms
Contact: Tax and Regulatory Services, Shawn Cabinian, 847.491.5799
Forward form to: Tax and Regulatory Services, 619 Clark St, Evanston Campus, Attn: Shawn Cabinian