Skip to main content

Enrollment Changes & Billing

You may be charged tuition and fees when you make changes to your course registration. This section explains the University refund policy for:

Canceling enrollment for a term

Policy: If you preregister for a quarter and later decide not to attend the class, communicate with the dean’s office or academic advisor in your school who will help you to notify the Registrar's Office in writing before the first day of the quarter's classes.

Your account: You will not be charged the applicable tuition and fees.

Dropping a course

(Undergraduates and Graduates)

Policy: If you officially drop a course, you must complete the drop in CAESAR or file a completed Change of Registration Form with the Registrar's Office within the first five days of the quarter.

Your account: You will not be charged for any tuition or fees for courses dropped within the first five days of the quarter. However, the University cannot give refunds or reduce tuition bills for any courses dropped after the fifth day of classes.

Fall 2020: September 29, 2020 will be the last day for tuition adjustment related to enrollment changes (to or from full-time) No reductions are made to bills for dropped or swapped classes after this date.

Changing your registration status

(School of Professional Studies undergraduates)

Policy: If you change your registration status from audit to credit, the additional tuition will be due at the time of the change; if you change your registration from credit to audit, you will be charged the normal auditor's fee.

Your account: The current Non-Credit Audit Fee for the School of Professional Studies will be charged to your student account.

Leaving school due to military service

Policy: If you are ordered to active duty in the military during an academic term and are unable to complete coursework, you must present proof of induction or recall to active duty to the Student Finance.

Your account: You will receive a full refund of tuition and fees for the term. However, if you make arrangements with the instructor and school to receive credit for one or more courses, the refund will be prorated according to the credit received.

Withdrawal from the University

Policy: Immediately upon withdrawal, obtain a Withdrawal Form from the Registrar's Office and get all required signatures. Masters students are required to submit their forms to their program offices before filing them at the Registrar's Office. Student Finance and Financial Aid consider the date the completed form is received at the Registrar's Office as the official date governing financial adjustments. If you leave the University without official notification of your intent to withdraw, the midpoint of the quarter will be recorded as the official withdrawal date.

Your account: You will not receive a refund for your tuition deposit or non-refundable fees. You may receive refunds, in the form of adjustments to your account, for refundable fees and some of your tuition. See Withdrawing from the University for more information.