Late and Returned Payment Penalties
When your account balance is unpaid, the University responds with registration holds and fees. These penalties are also assessed if your payment bounces or is returned for any reason.
If your bill is unpaid at its due date you may incur a financial hold on your student account.
Until all financial obligations are paid in full, the financial hold could cause:
- Registration to be cancelled or prevented
- Diplomas or transcripts to be held
- Enrollment or degrees to be unconfirmed
- You also are liable for any costs associated with collection of your unpaid bills, including, but not limited to, collection agency costs, court costs, and legal fees.
The late payment fee varies by the school or program:
- $100 - School of Professional Studies (undergraduate degree programs)
- $200 - All other Evanston-based schools and programs (including undergraduate), Evening and Weekend MBA, Physical Therapy, Prosthetics-Orthotics, School of Professional Studies (graduate degree programs)
- $400 - Pritzker School of Law, Feinberg School of Medicine MD Program
For more information on expedited delivery of your payment, see Payment Methods.
For more information on these fees , see Late Fees FAQ.
If the bank returns your payment for any reason, you will be assessed a $35 fee.
If the payment was made for a University charge, you may also be assessed a late payment fee and have your advance registration for the next quarter cancelled.