City of Evanston Permits and Forms
- Pet License - By City Ordinance, all dogs and cats are required to have pet licenses.
- Pooch Park Application - Pooch Park is a 2.7 acre park that is an off-leash fenced dog recreational facility jointly operated by the City of Evanston and Skokie Park District.
- Dog Beach Information - Evanston's Dog Beach is located just north of the Church Street launch facility, where Church Street meets the lake. Admission is restricted to dog owners or handlers with a dog beach pass. Follow the link to learn how to purchase a pass.
House, Apartment, Garage, & Yard Sale Application
House, apartment, garage or yard sales are permitted only in residential zoning districts (R1R6). Residents may have up to three (3) such sales within a 12 month period. [Zoning Ordinance: 6483(A)1]
Block Party Application
The allowable dates for block parties in Evanston are May 1st through September 30th.
Fire Ring Permits
- Lakefront Cement Fire Ring Permit - The Cement Fire Ring is located at the Lakefront area next to the Evanston Art Center.
- Northwestern Bonfire Ring Permit - This bonfire ring is for the use of the Northwestern University students and faculty only.
If you have a burglar or fire alarm system, the City of Evanston requires the purchase of an Alarm Permit that must be renewed annually.