The majority of note taking requests can be accomplished through the use of technology tools available through ANU. These tools include:
- Livescribe Echo Smartpen
- Livescribe Aegir Smartpen
In limited situations, students may not be able to utilize note-taking technology in which a peer note-taker may be approved instead. These additional notes are supplemental and not meant to be a replacement for attending class or taking your own notes.
To receive peer notes:
- Request the peer note taking accommodation as part of your accommodation notifications emails
- Attend class and determine if peer notes are necessary. If so, confirm the need for peer notes in the ANU database.
- Notes are received electronically through the ANU database and ANU coordinates the hiring and payment of all note-takers.
Downloading notes from the ANU database
- Once ANU has hired a note-taker, the note-taker is provided with an account on the ANU database to upload notes.
- Follow these steps for downloading notes:
- Log onto AccessibleNU's database
- Select “Notetaking Services”
- Your course notes will be listed by class
- If your note-taker has failed to upload notes in a reasonable timeframe, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying to be a note taker
To apply to be a note taker, please complete the note taker application process.