Patient Support Services
For Northwestern students using the Northwestern Medicine Student Health Service on the Chicago Campus, the Patient Advocacy Coordinator in Patient Support Services provides the following services:
- guidance on student financial support for medical expenses
- determining eligibility for healthcare services available to students
- coordinating referrals and pre-authorization for specialty medical care or medical diagnostic testing
- scheduling an appointment with a specialist or for medical diagnostic testing
- interpreting medical bills and Explanation of Benefits statement (EOB forms)
- assistance concerning patient satisfaction with healthcare services
Please do not use Patient Support Services if you are experiencing a medical emergency, including those related to excessive alcohol consumption. Call 911 to summon paramedics or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
In response to COVID-19 and the efforts to minimize exposure, we are discontinuing face-to-face appointments with the Patient Advocacy Coordinator until further notice. We have less staffing to respond to inquiries at this time and appreciate your understanding as Northwestern Medicine Student Health Service continues efforts to coordinate health care support services for the campus community.
If your inquiry is specifically related to health insurance, you will get a more expedient response by directly contacting the Student Health Insurance office at email@example.com or call 847.491.3621. Similarly, if you have any questions about the Student Immunization forms for new students, immunization requirements or any other inquiry about health information/medical records, please send your inquiry directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847.491.2203 to reach Health Information Management Services.