Student Health Advisory Committee Newsletter for 1-27-2021
The Chicago Campus Student Health Advisory Committee (CCSHAC) had a meeting on January 27, 2021 to discuss student needs for healthcare on the Chicago campus. Please note the important student health updates that follow.
- Both Chicago and Evanston campuses are offering symptomatic testing and assurance testing for COVID-19.
- Learn more about COVID testing for graduate students.
- Currently NU Health Service is offering both telehealth and in-person appointments.
- If you have questions, check out Health Service Chicago web site or call NU Health Service Chicago at 312.695.8134 or contact your CCSHAC representative.
Patient Support Services
- If you need help with medical billing or insurance issues, eligibility questions, coordination for referrals, pre-authorization, financial assistance for medical issues or more, please contact Patient Support Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Integration between Northwestern Medicine and NUHS Evanston is planned for fall of 2021.
- The partnership offers an opportunity to create consistency and parity between Health Services on the Chicago and Evanston campuses and will allow for integration of medical records.
Chicago Campus Needs Assessment and Patient Satisfaction Survey
- The survey will be sent to all students in degree-seeking programs on the Chicago campus.
- Participation is encouraged in order to guide Health Services on the Chicago campus.
Prescription Refills Helpful Hints
- Refills are typically filled within 2 business days.
- If you are out of your medication and in need of an urgent prescription refill, please call NU Health Service Chicago (312.695.8134).
- If the urgent needs occurs on the weekend, students can contact the provider on-call. Students are not charged for after-hours phone calls.
- Students are not charged for using MyChart messaging services.
- Please do not use MyChart as a way to avoid coming in for a medical appointment.
- Please do not use MyChart for new and/or complex medical issues, or issues that require an urgent response.
Aetna Telehealth Cost-Sharing Waivers
- Member cost-sharing for covered in-network telemedicine visits for both medical and behavioral health services for Aetna Student Health is currently in place until 03/06/2021.
- Please check the Aetna website for the latest updates or contact Student Health Insurance at email@example.com with questions.