Prohibition of Weapons
The University prohibits the possession, use, or storage of the following on any property owned, leased, or controlled by the University:
- Firearms (regardless of the existence of a valid concealed carry permit)
- Other lethal or non-lethal weapons
- Fireworks/explosive devices
- Other dangerous objects or materials
For more information, view the University Policy on Prohibition of Weapons and Concealed Carry of Weapons on Campus.
The possession or use, for any reason (including class or student organization productions or projects), of any imitation, prop, or replica weapon on university property is prohibited unless authorized in advance by University Police.
To request authorization to possess or use imitation, prop, or replica weapons on university property, members of the Northwestern community can follow these steps:
- Log in to Northwestern's Passport Online with your NetID and password to access the Events With Prop Weapons form with the link in Step #2.
- Submit an Events With Prop Weapons form.