- Northwestern property insurance includes coverage for real property (buildings and equipment) and business personal property (contents and supplies).
- Property insurance is not designed to cover the personal property of employees or students.
- Departments may seek reimbursement for losses from theft or other unavoidable causes through the Office of Risk Management. A departmental deductible will apply.
- Should your department incur any building or equipment damage, please notify Facilities to prevent further damage in the event of a loss.
- If the loss occurs on campus, please contact the Northwestern University Police.
- The department will need to notify Office of Risk Management as soon as possible by reporting an incident here.
Risk & Insurance