- Northwestern property insurance includes coverage for real property (buildings and equipment) and business personal property (contents and supplies).
- Property insurance is not designed to cover the personal property of employees or students.
- Departments may seek reimbursement for losses from theft or other unavoidable causes through the Office of Risk Management. A departmental deductible will apply.
- Should your department incur any building or equipment damage, please notify Facilities to prevent further damage in the event of a loss.
- If the loss occurs on campus, please contact the Northwestern University Police.
- The department will need to notify Office of Risk Management as soon as possible by reporting an incident here.
For additional information, please contact Elizabeth Marshall Hammer, Director of Risk and Insurance, at 847.491.5084 or firstname.lastname@example.org.