Skip to main content

Certificates from Others

When others are contractually required to provide the University with a certificate of insurance, a copy of the certificate should be sent to the relevant department and to the Office of Risk Management.

Third-Party Contractors and/or Vendors

All third-party contractors and/or vendors should have an ACORD form 25 completed by insurance broker or agent and have the following minimum insurance limits, unless approved in advance by the Office of Risk Management:

Commercial General Liability, Auto and any Umbrella/Excess Liability shall include the following provisions and endorsements:

Frequently requested coverages by the University

The following are the most common requested by the University. Other lines of insurance coverage may be required for certain types of exposure and limits of liability may vary depending on the type of contract. For more specifics, please contact 


Please refer to this checklist as a resource for evaluating certificates received from third-parties.

Submit a Certificate

Submit COI


Risk & Insurance
Phone: 847.467.7795