Any Northwestern University students required to shoot a film as part of required coursework for the Department of Radio, Television, and Film are required to familiarize themselves with departmental policy and the below procedures established by the Office of Risk Management before the start of any film project.
- Read and understand the Student Film Insurance Policy. This document outlines the insurance coverage available and the responsibilities of the student(s). Please know that the main purpose of the insurance program is to protect you (the student) and your creative work from legal liability and serious financial loss.
- Complete the Risk Management Plan and email it to your Advisor/Instructor.
- Know your responsibilities in the event of a loss. Identify who to contact if an accident or injury occurs by following the Claims Procedures provided by the Office of Risk Management.
In case of Loss or Accident, please report the incident with the Office of Risk Management. All theft and vehicle losses require the filing of a police report in the jurisdiction where the theft occurred. Students are responsible for notifying law enforcement in the event of a loss.
- Graduate Student Travel Policies
- Report an Incident
- Risk Management Plan (RMP)
- Safe Driver Program
- Student Film Insurance Policy