- General Liability insurance is maintained by the University to provide coverage for third party bodily injury and/or property damage that arises from the maintenance or operation of the University.
- Northwestern University employees, agents, students, and volunteers are covered while acting at the direction of or on behalf of the University.
- Northwestern University maintains professional liability insurance that can be broken down into two components.
- The first is entity coverage that protects the University and its employees and volunteers while acting within the scope of their duties.
- The second is coverage for students who as part of required educational coursework, take part in field experience assignments or internships. These students are often asked by their host institution to provide evidence of professional liability coverage
Students, Alumni, and recent graduates who need evidence of professional liability coverage should complete an online Professional Liability Insurance Verification request.