Visiting Administrator Travel Grant
Visiting Administrator Grant for Travel to International Partner Institutions
The Office of the Vice President for International Relations offers a travel grant for administrators to meet their counterparts at Northwestern's partner institutions abroad.
The goal of this unique professional development opportunity is for Northwestern staff to better understand the environments of our international partners and to learn and share best practices.
Full-time staff members who do not normally travel as part of their responsibilities may apply to spend up to one week at one of Northwestern’s partner institutions to strengthen our existing partnerships at the administrative level and to learn about administrative practices and the management of Northwestern programs and activities abroad.
Eligible Partner Institutions
- Bocconi University
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Nanyang Technological University
- National University of Singapore
- Peking University
- Sciences Po - Paris
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Stellenbosch University
- Tel Aviv University
- Universidad Panamericana (Mexico City)
- Universität Hamburg
- Université Sorbonne Nouvelle (Paris 3)
- University College London
- University of Hong Kong
Additional institutions will be considered on an individual basis.
How to Apply
To apply, email Kim Rapp a letter of application indicating:
- Name of the institution you would like to visit.
- The faculty and/or administrators you would like to work/meet with at that institution, and why meeting with them would be of professional interest and/or benefit to you and to Northwestern.
- Support (letter or email) from your manager to participate (including that you can be out of the office for one full week).
- Dates of your proposed visit (this will need to be negotiated with the host institution).
- A budget that outlines the approximate cost of the trip, and the amount of financial assistance that will be provided by your unit (50% match is preferred, but all applications will be considered).
Please note that this is a pilot program. Although every effort will be made to coordinate with the proposed host institution, that institution may not agree to host awardees due to timing, proposal focus, or other factors. In that case, travel funds will not be awarded.