Skip to main content


For questions specific to the transition to Fitness Formula Clubs, please click here.

What should I do if my status and/or campus location changes?

All Northwestern Chicago fitness program members must notify Auxiliary Services of changes in employment status, student status, campus location, and/or disassociation from the University. This includes departure from Northwestern or McGaw, leaves of absence, changes in student status from full-time to part-time, graduation, and departure from the Chicago campus. Please contact Salem Marrougi at 847-467-0662.

How do I determine membership fees?

Annual membership fees are determined by an individual's status at the University:
  • Full-time students (must be enrolled in 3 or more classes per quarter): $156
  • Part-time students (must be enrolled in 1 to 2 classes per quarter), OLLI members, Residents (currently in residency at McGaw or preparing to become a Resident): $312
  • Full-time and part-time employees (part-time employees must work at least 18.75 hours per week): $660

Please note: employees who are also students have a primary status of employee.

Can any Northwestern affiliate member join?

Please see Eligibility and Membership Fees for information and details.

Will my membership be canceled once I disassociate from Northwestern, even if I have time left on my 12-month membership?

Once you have disassociated from Northwestern due to graduation or termination of employment, you are no longer eligible for membership through Northwestern.

How soon after I send in my application does my membership start?

If your application is received prior to the 22nd of the month (or the last business day prior to the 22nd if that day falls on a weekend or holiday), your membership will begin the 1st of the month, pending verification and approval. When sending your application, please allow extra time for mail delivery.

Can I start or cancel my membership mid-month?

Membership is activated on the 1st of the month. Please see Cancellation Requirements for more information on the cancellation process.

Can I fax or email my Northwestern application and online FFC process, then mail my check?

If you're paying by check or money order, you must submit your payment with your application and waiver. Eligible employees who choose payroll deduction may fax or email their applications.

Can I pay by credit card or charge my student account?

Payments can only be made by check, money order, or payroll deduction (eligible employees only).

Do I have to send a copy of my marriage certificate if I am including my spouse in my membership?

You must include a copy of one of the following documents when you fax or mail in your application:
  • Marriage certificate (If necessary, we may request a notarized translation of your marriage certificate. These are available at your country's consulate or international travel bureaus.)
  • Spouse visa
  • J-1
  • J-2

All documents must be in English.

Is my same-sex partner eligible for membership?

Yes, a Declaration of Same-Sex Domestic Relationship form must be on file with Benefits in Human Resources.

Can I suspend my fitness club membership for the summer?

Membership is annual and cannot be suspended. If a member's primary campus location changes from Chicago to Evanston due to classes, they may suspend their membership until resuming classes on the Chicago campus.

Why are international students required to register with the Foreign National Information System (FNIS) system???

The Chicago Campus Fitness club program is subsidized by the university and such subsidy is considered an income for international students that apply for fitness club membership. However, the University will pay the taxes incurred by such subsidy on behalf of our members then again will require members applying for fitness club membership to register and submit all relevant immigration documents in order to comply with U.S. Tax Code.