Applying for Membership
Eligible community members should complete the following steps to apply for membership in the Chicago fitness program. Find out if you are eligible.
Fitness Formula Clubs:
- Complete the Northwestern Fitness/Recreation Benefits Application
- Important step for Foreign National Students
- Complete Membership Application
- Include marriage, civil union or domestic partnership documentation, if applicable
- Send applications and payment to Auxiliary Services
- The application is processed
Download and complete one Northwestern Fitness/Recreation Benefits Application for FFC (spouses/partners do not need to complete an individual form).
If you are a Foreign National Student, it is a requirement to register with the Foreign National Information System (FNIS) at Northwester’s Human Resources (HR) Payroll department. Please complete and submit the two required forms – Alien Tax Status Form and W8-BEN Part I (pdf).
You MUST complete Part B of the Alien Tax status form and submit a copy of your passport, visa, I-94, and immigration document (I-20 for F-1, DS- 2019 for J-1, or I-797 for H-1B) with your fitness club application in order for us to process your membership request. Otherwise, your request will be delayed. If you are not a Foreign National Student, you may skip this step.
Complete the Fitness Formula Clubs online membership application.
- Spouses/Partners: If applying for spousal membership, spouses must also complete this application form
- Spouses/Partners: include a copy of one of the following documents when you fax or mail in your application:
- Marriage certificate (If necessary, we may request a notarized translation of your marriage certificate. These are available at your country's consulate or international travel bureaus.)
- Spouse visa
- Domestic partners: include a copy of the Declaration of Same-Gender Domestic Partner Relationship Form (pdf) or Civil Union Certificate when you fax or mail in your application
- If the domestic partner relationship terminates, you must submit a Termination of Same-Gender Domestic Partner Relationship Form (pdf).
Payment options vary by applicant type:
- All eligible applicants can pay by check or money order
- Employees can also pay by payroll deduction
Make check or money order payable to Northwestern University
Send payment and application to:
Auxiliary Services - Fitness Club Manager
1801 Maple Avenue, Suite 2300
Evanston, Illinois 60201
(For quicker processing, drop off your application at the Auxiliary Services drop-off mail slot in the Abbott Hall foyer by the Huron Street entrance.)
- Note that you would like to pay via payroll deduction on the Northwestern Fitness/Recreation Benefits Application
- Fax or email both applications to the Fitness Club Manager at 847-491-3849 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Auxiliary Services must receive applications, renewals, and payment by the 22nd of the month (or the last business day prior to the 22nd if that day falls on a weekend or holiday) in order to start membership the following month. When sending in your application, please allow extra time for mail delivery.
Foreign National Students: Please note that your application will be processed after Payroll verifies your registration in FNIS.