Skip to main content

Transcripts and Test Scores

Official SAT/ACT score reports 

If you included self-reported SAT or ACT scores as part of your application, you will have to submit official scores to match your highest self-reported section/composite scores by June 1. Your official standardized test scores are required in order for you to participate in Wildcat Welcome, move into your residence hall, and register for classes.

You can check to see which standardized test scores Undergraduate Admission has received via the Applicant Status Portal.

Submit disciplinary disclosure form

Northwestern requires incoming undergraduates to disclose criminal history and certain school disciplinary violations. Enrolling students will need to submit the disciplinary disclosure form by June 1 via the Applicant Status Portal. This form will be required for you to attend orientation, move into your residence hall, and register for classes.

Questions regarding the disciplinary disclosure form can be directed to the Office of Undergraduate Admission by emailing or calling 847-491-7271.

Switching undergraduate schools/majors

To request a change of admission from one undergraduate school to another, use the relevant links on the Applicant Status Portal. School-change requests must be made by July 1 and require approval from the director of undergraduate admission. If you have questions, please email

Official AP/IB score reports 

If you took AP/IB exams, be sure to ask the testing service to send your official scores to Northwestern. IB results should be requested by July 15; AP reports should be requested by August 1. If your AP/IB exam scores qualify, you may be assigned credits toward your Northwestern degree. To understand AP/IB test credit and requirements, visit the Credit for AP or IB Exams webpage

Students who deferred from a previous year can view the Deferred and/or Gap-Year Students page for information on this task. 

Your final high school transcript 

Your high school must submit your official transcripts as soon as they become available, but no later than August 1. Your final high school transcript, complete with graduation date, is required in order for you to attend orientation, move into your residence hall, and register for classes.

Your high school can submit your final transcript online through the Common Application website using its Final Report form or the Coalition Application website until July 1. Your high school can also mail it directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admission.

Students who deferred from a previous year can view the Deferred and/or Gap-Year Students page for information on this task. 

Transfer credit guidelines for incoming first years

Students who have taken college-level courses prior to Northwestern should review the Office of the Registrar's website to understand transfer credit eligibility. 

A note about school-specific requirements 

Each of Northwestern’s six undergraduate schools has distinct requirements that apply only to its own incoming students. Requirements can range from taking placement exams and compiling a dossier to completing forms and downloading software. All of your school-specific tasks are included in your Purple Prep checklist, and a summary of those tasks is included in your school's section on this website.