Replacement, Cancellations & Refunds
Replacement/additional decal: $11.00
Cash or check accepted. Chart strings are not accepted for personal use.
It is the responsibility of the permit holder to provide notification and return all permits to the Parking Office if no longer employed or campus parking is no longer desired.
In order to prevent payroll deductions for the current month's parking, the Parking Office needs to receive the cancellation notice and parking decals by the 5th of the month. If the form is not returned before the deadline, the Wildcard/Keycard will remain active until the end of the month, a payroll deduction will still occur, and no refunds will be given.
To cancel a permit within five business days of initial purchase, present the decal and receipt to the Parking Office for a full refund.
Faculty and Staff
- Inform your parking administrator that you wish to cancel your permit. If you do not know who your departmental parking administrator is, contact us at (312) 503-1103.
- Return the completed Parking Cancellation Form (pdf) to the Chicago Parking Office.
Return the form and parking decals by the 5th business day of the month to prevent deduction from that month's paycheck. Forms may be:
- Completed at the Chicago Parking Office (710 N. Lake Shore Dr., Abbot Hall, Room 100) during business hours
- Emailed to email@example.com
- Sent via campus or U.S. Mail
- Or faxed to (312) 503-9243
- Payroll deductions fall one month behind. For example, the deduction in November's pay period pays for October parking.
- Your Wilcard/Keycard will be deactivated on the date of cancellation.
Note: If the permit is cancelled, the refund will be prorated based on the cost of the permit at the time of purchase and the number of full unused months remaining.
For permits charged to a departmental chart string, contact your Parking Administrator for cancellation procedures.
- Return the Parking Cancellation Form (pdf) and parking decals to the Chicago Parking Office.
When completing the form, be sure to indicate the last day the permit should be effective. Note that partial months are not pro-rated.
Submit the form to the Chicago Parking Office (710 N. Lake Shore Dr., Abbot Hall, Room 100).
- Your Wildcard/Keycard will be deactivated on the date of cancellation.
The refund amount will be issued for the remaining pro-rated value of the parking permit. The pro-rated value is based on the original permit cost.
Note: If the permit is cancelled, the refund will be pro-rated based on the cost of the permit at the time of purchase and the number of fullunused months remaining. There will be no refunds for cancelled permits within 3 months of the permit expiration date.