Train service to both Northwestern campuses
- Evanston: The Evanston campus is close to the Purple Line's Davis, Foster and Noyes stops. The Foster and Noyes stops are both two and a half blocks west of Sheridan Road.
- Chicago: The Chicago campus is closest to the Red Line's Chicago stop, which is three blocks west of Michigan Avenue.
Bus service to the Evanston campus
- The #147 bus runs express from Michigan Avenue to Foster Street in Chicago and then along Sheridan to Howard Station.
- The #22 bus also runs to the Howard Station from the Loop on Clark Street.
- From the Howard Station, the #201 bus operates along Ridge Avenue to Davis Street and then continues north on Sheridan Road to Evanston Hospital and Ryan Field.
Metra has frequent service to Evanston from Chicago and the northern suburbs on the Union Pacific/North Line.
View the complete schedule for the Union Pacific/North Line on the Metra website.
Residents of Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Roscoe Village, Ravenswood, and other nearby neighborhoods who commute north to Evanston should consider a CTA/Metra combination. For many commuters, this combination alternative is faster than the Purple Line Express because of the reliability of the Metra trains.
Take the CTA to the Metra's Ravenswood or Clybourn Stations
- Take the Brown Line to the Western Avenue Station. Walk approximately 8 blocks east to the Metra Ravenswood Station. The Ravenswood Metra Station can also be easily reached via the CTA #50 Damen Avenue bus or the #8 Ashland Avenue bus.
- Alternatively, the Clybourn Metra station may be closer for some commuters and is accessible via the #8 Ashland bus.
Take Metra north to Evanston's Davis Street Station
- Visit the Metra website for a current Union Pacific/North Line schedule.