Chicago Parking Customer Service Enhancements
In an effort to enhance customer service and improve the experience of individuals visiting Northwestern’s Chicago campus, the management of the Erie and Huron street parking garages will be managed by a new service provider effective April 1, 2016. This change will have no impact on rates or access to the garage and requires no action on the part of the individuals who use the facilities or the organizations and departments that rely on them for business operations. There are no anticipated service interruptions during this transition.
Northwestern Transportation and Parking is committed to enhancing the experience and improving the level of service provided at the Northwestern garages. Service and amenity enhancements planned for 2016 include:
- Renewed focus on customer service
- Improved wayfinding signage
- Enhanced attention to cleanliness and presentation of facilities
Frequently Asked Questions regarding this service enhancement.
Rules and regulations for the Chicago campus have been developed with recommendations from the Parking Committee and the University Central Administration. The committee consists of representatives of the faculty, staff, and student body. The Chicago campus parking policy was developed to:
- Ensure that current facilities allow maximum capacity and are allocated for use in the best interests of the University and its affiliates, including employees, students, patients, and area visitors.
- Ensure an equitable assignment of all available University parking spaces.
Where to Park
Not sure where you can park? View Parking Garage Locations.
In some circumstances you may have your parking validated for a discounted rate.
Bicycles are welcome on the Chicago Campus and a secure bike room is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Chicago Campus Parking Services
Abbott Hall, Room 100
710 North Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60611
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 am—5 pm, except University holidays