Academic Year Hours
During Fall 2023 Soft-opening:
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Beginning Winter Quarter 2024:
Saturday and Sunday: 11am-11pm
Visitors must have a wildcard to swipe into the GSRC at all times, all visitors are also asked to check-in at the GSRC front desk. Check-in data is only seen by GSRC professional staff and is used to seek student feedback about the space and to help advocate for more resources out of the GSRC. All non-NU visitors must have an NU host while in the space and check guests in at the GSRC front desk.
November Break: Details coming soon
Winter Break: Details coming soon
MLK Day: Details coming soon
Spring Break: Details coming soon
Summer Break: Details coming soon
Please note that while the office is closed, GSRC staff are still working and available for virtual meetings. GSRC staff do not work on university holidays.
GSRC accepts reservations during the academic year. Reservations will open at the start of the Fall Quarter and will be processed on a first-come first-serve basis throughout the academic year.
- Please review our building policies and procedures. By submitting a request, you agree to follow policies and procedures when using GSRC spaces for formal and informal purposes.
- Submitting a request does not serve as an official confirmation of a room request reservation.
- All requests are subject to review. Please allow GSRC staff respond at least 1 week to respond to your request.
- GSRC spaces are available to reserve throughout the Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarters, while classes are in session. GSRC will review Summer reservations requests on a case-by-case basis. Please email GSRC@northwestern.edu with your summer request.
Email GSRC@northwestern.edu with any questions you have.
Student Organizations, students, and on-campus departments must have an active Virtual EMS reservation account to reserve space in our three spaces.
- Virtual EMS must identify you as someone who can make reservations for a specific group(s)
- Virtual EMS requestor must be the same name as the contact name (i.e., you may not make reservations for someone else using your group’s name or your name)
- You must register with your Northwestern University email account.
- If you are a student that is unaffiliated with a student organization and want to reserve as space, please create an Virtual EMS account and use "MSA Student Client" as the department you are authorized to make a request on behalf of.
- Please note, the GSRC will purge all users registered a "MSA Student Client" during the summer. Unaffiliated students will need to make a new request to be added to the MSA Student Client list every Fall.
Requesting Access for Virtual EMS
- Existing Virtual EMS Users email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to request access for their current account.
- New Virtual EMS Users register for a Virtual EMS account here!
Alumni Request for Reservations
Alumni that are interested in reserving space in the Gender and Sexuality Resource Center must submit their request through Alumni Relations and Development.