Administrator on Call
The Administrator on Call (AOC) assists students and University community members who need counsel and guidance, especially in a crisis situation. The AOC ensures that students in distress receive timely, appropriate referrals and levels of support to stabilize a crisis situation until longer term mechanisms for support and referral can be made. Some examples of the kind of support an Administrator on call might provide are:
- Find temporary housing for a student who has experienced a flood or fire in their apartment.
- Consult with faculty or parents who have urgent concerns about a student and feel that the situation warrants immediate intervention.
- Reach out to or check in with a student who had a medical injury or accident or went to the emergency room for any reason.
The Administrator on Call cannot make academic decisions but can liaise with appropriate department heads of concerns. The vast majority of academic concerns will be managed during business hours.
If your concern can wait until business hours, please either call the Dean of Students office at 847-491-8430 or submit concern about a student and the Dean of Students will follow up next business day:
- During regular business hours, call 847-491-8430.
- After regular business hours, call 847-467-3022.