Building evacuations plans are designed to assist Northwestern building occupants with safely evacuating the building in the event of a fire, explosion, spill, or other emergency. If employees and students are familiar with evacuation procedures, then threats to safety and health will be minimized in the event of an emergency.
- Evacuation plans
- Evacuation assembly areas
- Evacuation exercises
Documents and Forms
- Emergency Evacuation Plans and Exercises Program
- Evacuation Plan Template
- Evacuation Drill Checklist
- Evacuation Debrief Form
- Evacuation Warden Responsibilities
- General Evacuation Plan
Evacuation Assembly Area Maps
- Residential Buildings - Evacuation Assembly Area Maps
- Academic, Research, Office, and Athletics Buildings - Evacuation Assembly Area Maps
Unless you are in immediate danger, stay at your designated assembly area and await further instruction from the authorities, such as fire or police department. Never re-enter the building until authorities have announced that it is safe to do so.