Welding, Cutting, and Brazing (Hot Work)
This program establishes the minimum safe working procedures and guidelines for welding, cutting, brazing, grinding, soldering, and any other similar operation on Northwestern property. It also covers the control of ignition sources, such as spark-producing tools and devices in hazardous areas. These procedures are intended to protect life, health, and property from fire and the byproducts of combustion that can result from flame- or spark-producing equipment.
- Requirements and precautions
- Fire watch and fire monitoring
- Designated hot work areas
Documents and Forms
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing (Hot Work) Program
- Designated Hot Work Area Approval Form
- FM Global Data Sheet 10-3 – Hot Work Management
- FM Global Hot Work Permit (PDF)
- FM Global Hot Work Permit Training
Designated Hot Work Areas
- Coming soon!