The University and AccessibleNU are committed to providing a supportive and challenging environment for all students with disabilities who attend the University. Additionally, the University and AccessibleNU work to provide students with disabilities a learning and community environment that affords them full participation, equal access, and reasonable accommodation.
Audiences served: All undergraduate, graduate, professional school and professional studies students; faculty and staff seeking accommodations for students
For assistance: Visit the AccessibleNU website
When required as an accommodation, AccessibleNU provides access to assistive technology to registered students on both the Evanston and Chicago campuses. Moreover, AccessibleNU works to make assistive technology available to the wider campus community.
Audiences served: All undergraduate, graduate, professional school and professional studies students
For assistance: Visit the Assistive Technology website
Find Physical Accessibility Resources
Visitors can find various resources physical accessibility resources for Northwestern students, faculty and staff. Find resources in the links below:
- See the AccessibleNU website for ADA parking and transportation resources.
- Faculty, staff and job applicants who may need a parking accommodation should contact the Office of Civil Rights and Title IX Compliance for assistance.
- Please contact Northwestern Facilities for more information on accessible campus entrances.
- CTA Accessible Transit
- Pace Bus Accessible Transportation
- City of Evanston Temporary Disabled Placards
- State of Illinois ADA Placards
Apply Standards to Your Studies
Online Meetings and Collaboration Tools
If you are planning an online meeting or using collaboration tools, we encourage you to explore ways to make these experiences accessible. Find best practices for online meetings and collaborations.
Creating Accessible Content
Accessible content creation can be used in your everyday life as a student. Digital content is created every day--from emails to PDFs. Find best practices fo creating accessible content.