Photo by Jim Ziv
The Office of the Provost formulates general University policy and academic priorities, oversees school and unit administration and the allocation of resources and space, monitors faculty personnel decisions, and encourages and coordinates initiatives in undergraduate and graduate education.
Provost Daniel I. Linzer is Northwestern University's Chief Academic Officer and an ex officio member of the faculty of each school. As Provost, he:
- supervises the educational policies and work of the University;
- oversees preparation of the university's annual budget;
- acts on faculty appointments and promotions;
- directs allocation of space to academic units;
- is the acting chief executive officer in the absence of the President.
Awards and Honors
University Mission Statement: Northwestern is committed to excellent teaching, innovative research, and the personal and intellectual growth of its students in a diverse academic community.
The purpose of this website is to act as a resource for faculty and students and to provide insight into the role of the Office of the Provost at Northwestern. We welcome suggestions on how we can improve: email us.