University Mission Statement: Northwestern is committed to excellent teaching, innovative research, and the personal and intellectual growth of its students in a diverse academic community.
Provost Daniel I. Linzer is Northwestern University's Chief Academic Officer and an ex officio member of the faculty of each school. As Provost, he:
- supervises the educational policies and academic priorities of the University;
- encourages and coordinates initiatives in undergraduate and graduate education;
- oversees preparation of the university's annual budget;
- acts on faculty appointments and promotions;
- directs allocation of resources and space to academic units;
- is the acting chief executive officer in the absence of the President.
Learn more about our office: