Are you thinking about or preparing for retirement? Congratulations! Here are a few resources to help you prepare for this next phase in your life.
- Information on Retiring: Complete details and resources regarding retirement from the Human Resources website.
- Programs and Services: We invite retirees to take advantage of these special services provided by the University.
- Northwestern Emeriti Organization: Many retired faculty wish to remain engaged in the intellectual life at Northwestern, and we in turn are grateful for their continued contributions to the NU community. The Northwestern Emeriti Organization (NEO) helps to further the social and professional life of our emeritus faculty.
- The Faculty Handbook contains a comprehensive section on retirement procedures and eligibility for appointment to emeritus status.
- Northwestern University offers a phased retirement option. Faculty who are interested in entering into a Phased Retirement Agreement should consult with their Dean's Office and the University's Benefits Division.