Skip to main content

Getting Started

  • Make sure your department chartstring that will be used to pay the student employee has the 60120 (non-work study student wages) and 60122 (FWS eligible student wages) account codes open. The account code is the 5-digit code in the chartstring that classifies the expense.  
  • Determine who in the department has access (or should have access) to manage the student employee’s  employment record in myHR (i.e. updating wages, updating job titles, updating supervisor/timecard approvers, etc.).
  • To review employee Form I-9 completion progress and be granted authority to complete Section 2, you must have access to the I-9 Service Center (E-Verify).
  • The individual listed as the supervisor on the Human Resources Temporary Employee Request Form (OnBase), not necessarily the person submitting the form, will be designated as the primary timecard approver and will have access to the student employee’s timecard in Workforce Software (WFS) within 3 business days of creating the employment record. Additional system navigation job aids, answers to common questions, and brief instructional videos are available on HR’s Timekeeping webpage.