The Office of the Vice President for International Relations is committed to engaging staff meaningfully in Northwestern’s internationalization activities.
Our office facilitates a variety of programming through its One World \ One Northwestern (OWON) initiative, intended to encourage sharing and collaboration across the university.
Global Engagement on Campus
- Our office organizes quarterly OWON luncheons for globally-engaged staff to meet and network with colleagues.
- In February 2020, our office launched a new initiative under the One World \ One Northwestern umbrella: affinity groups. These groups bring together staff from across the university working in the same areas, and in some cases facing the same challenges.
- Our newsletter is sent out quarterly and highlights international news and updates from around campus, including resources, upcoming events, and engagement opportunities.
- Our office offers a Workshop Series on navigating cultures in the global workplace for Northwestern staff.
- Our office provides funding for Northwestern staff to engage in professional exchange programs aimed at developing a deeper knowledge of international education.
- Our office organizes professional development meetings for staff to discuss interests and goals, and share best practices and resources. Contact Kim Rapp to join the group and to discover new opportunities.
Contact Kim Rapp if you are interested in any of these opportunities or if you have additional ideas for staff engagement.
Northwestern is committed to providing staff with materials to engage their international peers, at home or abroad.
- View Northwestern's global brochure, which is available via Box to anyone who has a Northwestern NetID.
- Staff members visiting universities abroad or hosting visitors on campus, may view our catalog of gift items, which are available on request. If you're interested in these items, contact Janka Pieper.
- The Office of Global Marketing and Communications has produced a series of presentation materials about Northwestern that faculty and staff can use in meetings, workshops or events. They are accessible with a NetID via Northwestern Box.