The Office of the Vice President for International Relations is committed to engaging staff meaningfully in Northwestern’s internationalization activities.
Our office facilitates a variety of programming through its One World \ One Northwestern (OWON) initiative, intended to encourage sharing and collaboration across the university.
Global Engagement on Campus
- Our newsletter is sent out quarterly and highlights international news and updates from around campus, including resources, upcoming events, and engagement opportunities.
- Our office organizes quarterly OWON luncheons for globally-engaged staff to meet and network with colleagues.
- Our office provides funding for Northwestern staff to engage in professional exchange programs aimed at developing a deeper knowledge of international education.
- Our office organizes monthly professional development meetings for staff to discuss interests and goals, and share best practices and resources. Contact Kim Rapp to join the group and to discover new opportunities.
Contact Kim Rapp if you are interested in any of these opportunities or if you have additional ideas for staff engagement.
Northwestern is committed to providing staff with materials to engage their international peers, at home or abroad.
- Here is a digital copy of Northwestern's international brochure. It is available to anyone who has a Northwestern NetID via Box.
- For staff members visiting universities abroad or who are hosting visitors, here is a catalog of gift items available on request. If you're interested in these items, contact Janka Pieper.