Stationery, Business Cards and Letterhead
Official Northwestern Products
Customized products, including business cards and printed and electronic letterhead, are available for purchase for individuals, departments and units associated with Northwestern University through the iBuyNU marketplace. iBuyNU is a web-based ordering tool that provides departments and schools with the most streamlined, cost effective way to order from preferred vendors.
Faculty members in need of stationery should contact their department administrator for assistance.
- Find the Office Supplies, Promotional Items, Books and Business Cards/Stationery - Punchout section of the menu.
- Select the Active vendor button.
2. From the welcome screen, select whether you are a School or Non-School unit.
3. Choose your school or unit. After your first order, the system will remember you. In the future, it will take you to the correct catalog automatically.
4. You will be taken to the catalog page. Use this list to navigate between categories.
5. Select a product category, then choose the product you want to purchase (provide quantity, if necessary).
- All letterhead is available in both non-personalized and personalized versions. The non-personalized will contain your unit’s contact information. The personalized version allows for an individual’s name and contact information to be included.
- Please note that electronic letterhead is its own category. You’ll receive a Microsoft Word document with the letterhead elements included.
6. Once you’ve selected a product, customize it using a simple form.
- Depending on your department, your business card will have between 4-6 lines available for your title and 7-9 lines available for contact information.
- If you have a long building name or email address, it may ‘break’ into 2 lines, eliminating one of the other available lines. You will have the opportunity to review and alter your card at the next screen.
7. Submit the form to view your proof.
- Click the ‘View PDF” button under the picture to see a larger version or download a PDF to send to a colleague for their approval.
- Click the “Make Changes” button to make changes to the form.
- Click “Approve” to proceed as is.
8. View your cart.
- Clicking the pencil enables you to make changes to the product.
- Clicking the pushpin icon allows you to ‘pin’ the product to your cart. This allows you to leave an unapproved item in your cart while you order other items. The product will be in your cart when you return to the site.
- Clicking the red X deletes the item.
- Select rush order status of the order, if needed. Additional fees will apply.
- Select "Begin Checkout."
9. Review your order a final time on the Order Summary page. Click “Submit Order” to complete your order.