Creating Accessible Content and Websites
Digital accessibility expands beyond the subsections below. You can use best practices in your everday life when writing emails or making a social media post. Apply the general guidelines below to all digital content or find application-specific guidelines.
Five Best Practices for All Digital Content
- Use alt tag descriptions for images.
- Use descriptive links that make sense out of context instead of text like "see more" or "click here."
- Use headings to organize your content and make sure they are used in the correct order.
- Designate row and/or column headers when using a table.
- Always add closed captioning to videos.