Navigating Northwestern Academics
An event series for undergrads
Navigating Northwestern Academics is a series of casual, interactive forums designed to help undergraduates find their best footing in negotiating the sometimes-rocky path toward their academic goals. These events may be especially useful for first-year students, but all Northwestern undergrads are welcome.
Fall 2023 Sessions
Start Strong and Stay Strong: Advice from the Experts
- Tuesday, October 10th, 5-6:30pm
Feeling a little nervous about the academic road head? Join us and hear from experts about making the transition from high school to Northwestern. Dinner included. Bring your questions!
Hear from faculty and experienced students about critical practices for success with courses, challenges, and the changes that come with being a student at Northwestern.
Faculty & Staff Panelists:
- Kalisha Cornett, Assistant Professor of Instruction/ Undergraduate Academic Advisor for Radio, Television and Film
- Ben Gorvine, Charles Deering McCormick Distinguished Professor of Instruction; Associate Chair; Lead Adviser
- Ellen Worsdall, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
Insider's Guide to Success in STEM & Quantitative Courses
- Wednesday, November 1st, 5-6:30pm
Join ASLA for dinner and hear from faculty and experienced students about critical practices for success in science, mathematics, engineering, and other quantitatively oriented courses. Dinner included. Bring your questions!
Faculty & Staff Panelists: TBD
Watch for additional offerings in Winter.
Questions? Contact us!