Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
CAPS (Counseling And Psychological Services) provides counseling to individuals and groups as well as workshops and outreach programs. CAPS has a team of highly qualified and experienced mental health professionals who are dedicated to helping students work through developmental needs, emotional difficulties, adjustments, and crises.
In meeting the counseling needs of undergraduate, graduate, and professional students, the goal of CAPS is to help students, faculty, and administrators maximize the total learning experience at Northwestern University.
- Crisis Intervention
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Psychiatric Consultation
- Eating Concerns Assessment & Treatment Team
- 'Let's Talk', informal & confidential drop-in consultation
- Group Therapy
- Suicide Prevention Training & Resources
- Wellness & Performance Enhancement Workshops
- Stress Management Clinic
- Consultation with Faculty, Staff, Administrators, Students & Parents
- Services for Graduate & Professional Students on Chicago Campus