Access Cognos Reports
Quick Reference: Old to New Reports
The majority of reports, including agency reports, are available by using Cognos Reporting through the NUPortal. Report data is now updated nightly so that you can run reports daily, not just at month end. Monthly reports are no longer printed and distributed.
However, Accounting Services will continue to distribute a limited set of specialized balance sheet reports on a monthly basis. For questions or additional information, please contact Accounting Services at 847-491-5337 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports from NUFinancials, InfoEd, and FAMIS are available via the Cognos BI tool from the NUPortal: Staff tab > Login to Cognos.
- Log in using your NetID and password
- Select the Cognos Connection link
- Select the Project Café Reports folder
- Select the School folder
- Click the link of the desired report
- Populate the prompts with values as appropriate
- Press the Finish button
- Required prompts are indicated with an orange asterisk
- If non-required prompts are left blank, the system will search all data which could increase processing time
- You can use wildcards (%) in any of your prompt value searches
- If you experience problems when running a report to Excel, try holding down the CTRL key while the report is running
- The GL005 report will not return results for Project IDs that begin with a “6”. Run GM045 or GL008 for these Project IDs instead.
Common Reports Quick Reference http://cafe.northwestern.edu/reports
Cognos Training Guides http://cafe.northwestern.edu/training/materials.html#reporting
Cognos Reporting Tool https://nuportal.northwestern.edu/nuportal/login.html
Contact NUIT help desk at 1-HELP (847-491-4357) or email@example.comReport distribution?
Contact Accounting Services at 847-491-5337 or firstname.lastname@example.org