All charitable gifts to Northwestern University, including outright gifts, bequests and trusts, corporate matching gifts, and gift pledges, are processed through Development Gift and Record Services (GRS). A gift should never be deposited directly by a department.
For gifts greater than $500 received from a Northwestern faculty or staff member, a statement by the donor that the gift is not being used for personal benefit is required.
- Cash Handling Policies & Procedures (see Gifts section) http://www.northwestern.edu/treasury-operations/depository-services/cash-policy.pdf
- Policy on Gifts from Faculty and Staff http://www.northwestern.edu/financial-operations/policies-procedures/facultystaff_giftpolicy.pdf
- Gift Transmittal Form for Faculty and Staff http://www.northwestern.edu/financial-operations/policies-procedures/forms/facultystaff_gifttransmittal.pdf
- Gift Transmittal Form for Officers, Deans and Senior Personnel http://www.northwestern.edu/financial-operations/policies-procedures/forms/Officers_deans_senior_personnel_gifttransmittal.pdf
- Pledge Transmittal Form http://www.northwestern.edu/financial-operations/policies-procedures/forms/pledge_transmittal.doc
- Gift Transmittal Form http://www.northwestern.edu/financial-operations/policies-procedures/forms/gift_transmittal.doc
Processing gifts or gift transmittal forms?
Assistant Director, Development Gift & Record Services, at 847-491-7520