Bank Deposit Drop Off
Departments not receiving a direct armored car pickup should transport their deposits to the Evanston or Chicago Depository Services Office. The cashier will accept the sealed deposit bag and provide a receipt. These deposits are picked up from the Bursars’ offices daily by an armored car carrier and transported to the bank.
Cashing of checks by departments is strictly prohibited under any circumstances. Depository Services is the only authorized check cashing facility at the University. No fee is charged for cashing the following Northwestern University checks:
- Cash/travel advance check (checks over $3,000 require notice to Depository Services at least one day in advance)
- Payroll checks for no more than $300
- Reimbursement checks for no more than $300
Change funds are made available as an advance to authorized cash handling units for the purpose of making change for currency sales and/or services. Accounting Services approves and sets up change funds.
For temporary change funds, a check advance can be requested through Accounts Payable and the check can be cashed at the Depository Services Office.
With advance notice, Depository Services can provide change for authorized change funds.
Petty Cash Funds
Depository Services will provide initial and replenishment funds for authorized petty cash funds after a fund has been approved and set up by Accounting Services.
- Bank Deposit Procedures http://www.northwestern.edu/financial-operations/policies-procedures/deposits/depositsprepareandmake.html
- Cash Handling Policies & Procedures (see Check Cashing, Change Funds and Petty Cash Funds sections) http://www.northwestern.edu/treasury-operations/depository-services/cash-policy.pdf
Deposit drop off? Check cashing?
Contact Melissa Lang, Depository Services Manager, at email@example.com or 847-491-57910
Petty cash funds? Change funds?
Contact Polina Khait of Accounting Services at 847-491-3870 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Depository Services at 847-491-5790, or Accounting Services at 847-491-5337