Program staff should develop and make available to participants the rules and disciplinary measures applicable to the specific program. All program participants should comply with the following code of conduct when involved in a University program:
- The possession or use of unauthorized alcohol, drugs, or tobacco products is prohibited. Possession is defined to include anyone who has actual physical contact of any kind with these substances OR is found to be knowledgeable of the possession of these substances by others and does not immediately remove himself or herself from the situation and inform a program staff member.
- Fireworks, firearms, guns, knives, archery equipment and other weapons are prohibited unless being used for an officially sanctioned and approved instructional program.
- The operation of motor vehicles by minors is prohibited while attending and participating in the program (this excludes minors driving themselves to/from a program).
- Rules and procedures governing when and under what circumstances participants may leave University property during the program, including sign-in / sign-out procedures.
- No violence, sexual abuse, or harassment will be tolerated. Physical, written or verbal abuse of any person, including self, or any action that threatens or endangers the emotional well-being, health or safety of any person, is unacceptable.
- Hazing of any kind is prohibited. Bullying including verbal, physical, and cyber bullying are prohibited.
- No theft.
- Misuse or damage of University property is prohibited. Charges will be assessed against those participants who are responsible for damaging or misusing University property.
- The inappropriate use of cell phones, cameras, imaging, and digital devices is prohibited including use of such devices in showers, restrooms, or other areas where privacy is expected by participants.
- Participants known to be in possession of fake identification, including identification that misrepresents their name or age, will be dismissed from the program.