What is Stress?
This video explains how stress is felt in the body and what to do about it.
Meditation Music by Anatolie Antoniu & Marin Nicoarã | Graphic Animation by Koyote Sundance Meiners-Rios | Video & Audio by Thomas Molash
Practices for General Stress Management
Calm SpaceCalm Space (7:53)
- Build an imaginary peaceful place in your mind that you can visit anytime you are stressed and need a break.
Positive Body Scan
- Positive Body Scan Audio (6:26)
- Take a few minutes to tune in to your body and send it some appreciation and kindness.
Catch Your Breath
- Catch Your Breath Audio (9:34)
- Diaphragmatic breathing to tap in to the body’s natural relaxation response
5 Minute Meditation
- 5 Minute Meditation (7:20)
- Chill out for 5 minutes of deep breathing and relaxing music.
Find a Comfortable Rhythm
- Find a Comfortable Rhythm Audio (6:10)
- Learn a breath technique you can use in any situation to help you calm down
Practicing Your Rhythm
- Practicing Your Rhythm (7:47)
- 5 minutes of Paced Breathing with minimal instruction; see Find a Comfortable Rhythm above for more detailed teaching of the technique.
Change Your Vibes
- Lovingkindness Audio (8:20)
- Call up some loving-kindness to increase positive emotions like joy and contentment, and decrease self-criticism.
Ahhhhhhhhh...Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation Audio (9:50)
- Take a relaxation journey through the body, releasing tension out of the muscles.
- Grateful Heart Audio (7:52)
- Gratitude practices help increase our sense of contentment and joy for life.
- Self Confidence (8:32)
- Meditation to boost your self-confidence and positive feelings towards yourself; you really are doing a great job!
3 Good Things
- 3 Good Things (4:14)
- Name some good things that happened to you today! Research shows this can help combat stress and boost your mood.
Leaves on a Stream
- Leaves on a Stream (8:52)
- Use this practice to find a little relief from anxious and worried thoughts.
Stop and Hit the Reset Button
- Stop and Hit the Reset Button (4:44)
- Take a mini-break from a stressful situation to regroup and keep your cool.
- Name 5 Things Audio (6:58)
- Interrupt cycles of overthinking and worry by getting out of your head and in to the world around you, using your 5 senses.
Walk off Your Stress
- Walk off Your Stress Audio (11:50)
- Guided walking meditation that helps interrupt overthinking about stuff that is usually unhelpful and just making your mood worse; helps you to be present in your day.