Registering for the Midquarter Mentored Study Group (MMSG) program
This page gives you information on how to register for MMSG. You can also learn more about the program!
In this program, students who are in the same class and looking for extra support come together in a small group for 2 hours weekly, with an undergraduate peer leader who has already taken the course. Attendance is required each week, so please be sure you can commit to the whole quarter before signing up. (Flexibility is available for emergencies or illness.)
Spaces are limited, and enrollment is first-come, first-served. Please register as early as possible to claim your spot!
If you are currently enrolled in a PGSG group for this class, we encourage you to stay in the group if you are happy with it, rather than switching to MMSG. You can also opt to enroll in both the PGSG and MMSG groups if you would like to.
Here’s how to register:
Log in to CAESAR.
- On the left side of the screen, click “Search for Classes”
- Search for the class you’re interested in, and locate the “-MG” sections. EXAMPLE: if you’re looking for Study Group for ECON 310-1:
- Course Subject: ECON
- Course Number: contains MG
- Course Career: Undergraduate
- Uncheck the “show open classes only” option
- Scroll down and look for available sections. Sections will be listed as “Econ 310-MG-1-Midquarter Study Group Econ 310-1”
- Choose the session that best fits your schedule. Attendance is expected, so please be sure the time works for you.
- If you run into any issues, please reach out to email@example.com.
If the Midquarter program does not work out for you, you can use our Drop-In Peer Tutoring (no registration needed), sign up for an ASLA Staff Consultation, or take advantage of faculty and/or TA office hours. See our suggestions for successful office-hours visits!