Bike to Work Week
Join us for the Chicagoland Bike-to-Work Week every June. The NU Bike Commuter Challenge team will compete against other local institutions to see which team logs the most biking trips during the week.
To sign up on the Northwestern University Bike Commuter Challenge team this June:
• Go to bikecommuterchallenge.org.
• Click the yellow button, "Click here! Sign up today!"
• Register yourself on drivelessbikemore.com.
• Go to the top of this page and click "Bike Commuter Challenge."
(make sure you are logged in)
• Scroll down the page and click "Join" next to "Northwestern University," in the education category.
• Don't forget to log your trips in "My Trip Tracker," you only have to log one trip to make an impact!
Any biking trip counts whether you ride a few blocks to the Metra or all the way to work or to run a couple errands. In celebration of Bike-to-Work Week, NU hosts Bike Commuter Stations on the Chicago and Evanston campus. Bicyclists will be able to purchase Kryptonite locks “at cost” from University Police and bike mechanics will offer free safety checks, lube, and air. Refreshments will be provided. Learn more on the University Services–Bicycle webpage this June.
The Commuter Challenge offers tips and tools to make it easy to bike to work/school. Please join the Northwestern team!
Also, if you are interested in learning about bike commuter tips and bike events, please join the Northwestern Bike Commuter Listserv.
Questions? Email Bike Commuter Challenge Team Leader, Elizabeth Adamczyk firstname.lastname@example.org