Northwestern students, faculty and staff are encouraged to participate in the annual Bike2Campus competition by riding anywhere and everywhere! The competition puts NU head-to-head with 10 other Chicago colleges and universities and is meant to emphasize the benefits of cycling, including promoting healthy lifestyles, low carbon transit, saving money and having fun.
The 2015 competition will take place from October 9-16. Don't forget to log all your rides during that week by going to www.bike2campus.com.
Prizes will be given away all week to the top riders and randomly selected participants, including:
- A one-year DIVVY membership
- A Bern helmet and Abus U-lock
- Tickets to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Trader Joe's gift basket
- Chipotle gift cards
- Wheel and Sprocket gift cards
Need ideas for rides to take? Celebrate Bike2Campus Week and "Oaktober" month by taking a self-guided bike tour of Evanston's oak trees! See this map for the suggested route.
Bike to Work Week
Join us for the Chicagoland Bike to Work Week every June! The NU Bike Commuter Challenge team will compete against other local institutions to see which team logs the most biking trips during the week.
To sign up for the Northwestern University Bike Commuter Challenge team in June:
- Go to bikecommuterchallenge.org.
- Click the blue button, "Sign Up Now!"
- Click the second button, "Join a Team."
- Search for "Northwestern University."
- Click the green button "Join."
- Use the password: nubikes
- Choose "Register for free."
- Don't forget to log your trips by clicking on the day you rode. This can easily be done with the new Bike Commuter Challenge app in the Apple or Google store!
Any biking trip counts, whether you ride a few blocks to the Metra or all the way to campus. The Commuter Challenge offers tips and tools to make it easy to bike to work/school.
Questions? Email Bike Commuter Challenge team leader, Elizabeth Adamczyk.
Learn More about Biking at NU
If you're interested in connecting with other bike commuters, please join the Northwestern Bike Commuter Listserv by sending a blank subject line email to email@example.com with SUBSCRIBE bike-commuters Firstname Lastname in the message.
Learn more about traveling sustainably, including biking tips and tools.
Thanks to our 2015 Sponsors