Our students aren't just well rounded; they're healthy, safe and well grounded.
Safety is a priority at Northwestern. From health resources and medical care to campus police and security, we work to ensure that this home away from home is a safe one.
Medical care for physical and mental health.
Northwestern offers a broad array of health services for students:
- Our Health Service on both the Chicago and Evanston campuses provide general medical and women's health appointments with physicians or nurse practitioners, as well as immunizations, sports medicine, laboratory services, STD testing and more.
- For mental health services, CAPS: Counseling and Psychological Services provides essential mental health services, including brief therapy, crisis intervention, referrals to off-campus providers when appropriate and wide variety of educational programs and workshops.
- The Center for Awareness, Response & Education (CARE) provides advice, crisis counseling and support about sexual violence, including assault, rape, domestic violence and stalking.
- For issues related to alcohol or drug use, the Alcohol and Other Drug Resources website is a hub for information on the University's services, policies and programs.
Emergency Prevention and Response
In the event of emergency, our Emergency Website is used to update the community on timely information and provide instructions.
Campus Emergency Website
For More Information
Request our Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
You are entitled to request and receive a copy of the University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report.
Back to top
This report includes:
- Statistics for the previous three years concerning reported "Clery Act" crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from campus.
- Institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies on drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual misconduct, emergency preparedness and other matters.
The disclosure of this report is required as part of the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, as amended by the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), collectively referred to as the “Clery Act.”
View the Report:
- Access the report online or request a copy from the Northwestern University Police Department Deputy Chief at 847-491-3256