In Northwestern's many pre-collegiate programs, education and fun go hand in hand.
Even though it looks like fun, Northwestern takes its supplemental enrichment programs seriously. From credit-granting coursework to weekend music lessons, children and teens can take advantage of Northwestern faculty, resources and academic expertise.
Programs for K-12 students
- The Center for Talent Development supports gifted youth through a variety of educational programs.
- The Bienen School of Music's Music Academy provides piano, strings and voice lessons.
Programs for high-schoolers
- The Northwestern Academy for Chicago Public Schools is a multi-year college preparation program for Chicago public high school students.
- The National High School Institute is a summer program focusing in debate, speech, music, film, video and theater arts.
- The Medill-Northwestern Journalism Institute gives rising seniors, or "Cherubs," experience in print, broadcast and digital media.
- In the College Preparation Program, college-bound high school students may enroll in undergraduate courses for credit and non-credit through the Northwestern Summer Session.