Northwestern Career Advancement will be operating virtually for the spring 2021 quarter. While employers can't recruit on campus in the spring, NCA is still here to support all of your virtual recruiting needs!
Plan Your Recruiting Events
Northwestern students are eager to connect with your organization virtually!
- To schedule a recruiting event, please submit your request through NCA’s career platform, Handshake.
- For questions about a pending event request, contact Val Schoonover. For questions about your overall recruitment strategy, contact your Employer Strategist.
- For more information on virtual events including guidelines, best practices, and information on event promotion, see NCA’s Virtual Events Guide (PDF).
Inclusivity and Accessibility Regarding Technology
In all scenarios, share as much information as possible with students, ahead of your event. If your event uses a specific platform, share that information ahead of time.
- Consider recording live events and share event recordings for students who cannot attend live.
- Provide live close captions or add captions to event recordings.
- Share your organization’s expectations or suggestions about students also using video.
- Tip: Keep in mind, students may choose to attend virtual events with “audio only” for a number of reasons.Let students know ahead of time, and during the event if video is preferred. Use inclusive language when addressing turning on/off video. For example, “To the extent that your background, technology, and environment permits, we would love to "see your face" virtually!”
NCA Employer Events Are Business Casual
In an effort to be more inclusive and to broaden your talent pool, all virtual employer events are business casual for students. We encourage you and your organization’s representatives to also dress in business casual to make students feel more welcome and comfortable.
Submitting an Interview Request
You can submit a request for an interview in NCA’s career platform, Handshake.
For virtual interviews, we recommend that you use the preferred platform for your company. Please be sure to include an access link for students in the event description, or reach out to students individually for their interview times.
Post a Job or Internship
Handshake is NCA’s career platform. You can post current job or internship opportunities as well as submit requests for future recruiting activities, including an OCR schedule, information session, or Career Fair registration in this system.
For more information on utilizing the Handshake platform, including how to post a job or internship, please visit the Handshake Help Center.
Register as an Employer to post opportunities in Handshake
- Click on the Handshake Employer login
- Select "Register"
- Complete the profile section
- NCA staff will review your profile, approve you as an employer, and send you a password to use for posting internships and jobs.
If you have questions about registering for an account, please email Northwestern Career Advancement.
**If you are seeking Kellogg MBA students or alumni, please visit the Kellogg School of Management - Career Management Center website.
**If you are seeking Northwestern Law JD/LLM students or alumni, please visit the Northwestern Pritzker School of Law website.
Looking for more information regarding recruiting timing? Northwestern University operates on a quarter calendar. Please see our 2020-2021 recruiting calendar for key dates and policies.
Our entire team looks forward to helping ensure a successful recruiting experience for you at Northwestern University!