Post a Job or Internship in Handshake
Handshake is Northwestern’s central career management platform. All current Northwestern students and alumni have access to Handshake and can be used by employers to:
- Post job and internship opportunities to Northwestern students
- Promote upcoming recruiting events such as information sessions and coffee chats
- Register for virtual and in-person career fairs
- Request interview schedules
For more information on utilizing the Handshake platform, including how to post a job or internship, please visit the Handshake Help Center.
Register as an Employer to post opportunities in Handshake
- Click on the Handshake Employer login
- Select "Register"
- Complete the profile section
- NCA staff will review your profile, approve you as an employer, and send you a password to use for posting internships and jobs.
If you have questions about registering for an account, please email Northwestern Career Advancement.
Post a Job or Internship Steps
Once your employer user account has been created and approved by NCA, you will have access to post opportunities.
- Click Post a Job from your home dashboard, or click on Jobs in the left hand navigation bar and click Create Job in the top right hand corner.
- Complete the required prompts for the role.
- Preview the completed job posting, and then click Save in the lower right corner to save the job and send your posting out to schools to be reviewed.
Please see Handshake’s How to Post a Job guide for additional details.
Non-Work Study Jobs
Northwestern Career Advancement offers access to QuadJobs, a central job portal for all non-work study opportunities at Northwestern.QuadJobs is an app-based job portal that connects local employers with Northwestern students. Employers can hire students for part-time and one-time jobs in the communities surrounding campus as well as for jobs that can be done remotely. This service is free for all students. Employers can communicate with and pay students directly through the app. A small service fee will be charged to the employer.
Account registration for employers:
- Download the app from Google Play or the Apple Store
- Set up your account profile and enter the credit card you would like to use to pay students for your job(s)
- Feel free to connect with QuadJobs directly if you have any questions about posting opportunities
Account registration for students: