YourLife Wellness Grants
YourLife Wellness Grants are sponsored by Human Resources, Well-being. Grants are intended to help support the well-being of faculty and staff by providing funding for wellness activities, events, and/or space. All faculty and staff are encouraged to submit applications on behalf of their school, department, unit or affinity group.
- Apply for funding up to $500; there is a pool of $2,000 available each quarter.
- The number of grants awarded each quarter will vary based on the number of applications and request amounts.
- Note: There will not be an application cycle for summer quarter 2021.
- Grants must address at least of one of the eight dimensions of wellness: physical, emotional, social, intellectual, environmental, spiritual, vocational or financial.
- The activity, space, or event must be open to all employees.
- The activity or event cannot have already take place.
- Supervisor support is required.
- Grant recipients must commit to complete a series of Outcome Evaluations.
- If a wellness space is funded, a 2-year commitment to maintain the space is required.
- If your grant is funded, there is a 1-year waiting period to reapply (i.e. if funded in summer 2020, you will be eligible to apply in summer 2021).
- Grant funds may be used for the following: exercise equipment, team-building activities, workshops and more!
- For reference, the following requests were funded last quarter:
- Portable exercise peddlers
- Online gaming subscription for team building purposes
- Weekly delivery of healthy lunches
- Virtual painting workshop
- Items for office outdoor space
- Week of wellness activities
- Bonsai tree initiative
- View Grant Ideas for additional suggestions.
- During this unique and challenging time, creative applications are welcome!
- Consider physical distancing and related precautions, if applicable.
- Complete the Wellness Grant Application
- Provide detailed information such as metric examples, references and logistics related to your request to help strengthen your application.
- Include Supervisor Approval Form with your application
- Upon receiving your application, you will receive notification of receipt
- See the timeline below
- Applications will be accepted beginning Monday, February 1, 2021
- Application deadline Friday, February 26, 2021
- Applicant may be contacted if additional information or clarification is needed to support the application
- Applicant will be provided with a decision regarding their application by Friday, March 12, 2021 by 5 p.m.
If your grant is funded, you will be provided with purchasing procedures upon receiving notification of application approval.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit FAQs to find answers to commonly asked questions about the wellness grants program.