Before you Begin:
- Download the TapRide app. The app can be found by going to the Apple App Store for iPhones or the Google Play Store for Android phones.
Setting up the TapRide app:
- Open the TapRide app and select the 'Northwestern University' location from the dropdown screen. When prompted login using your NetID and password.
Setting Pick-up and Drop-off Locations:
- Tap the rectangle that says 'Choose Pick-up Location'. The app will then prompt you to either 'Hold Map on Pick-up Location' or you can select the pencil icon to type in your pick-up address. If you choose to hold the map, simply press and hold on the map the specific location where you would like to be picked up. When a pick-up location is selected, it will be reflected in the rectangle labeled 'A'. Repeat these steps for your drop-off location in the rectangle labeled 'B'. After you have selected a pick-up and drop-off location, select the number of riders, up to 3. The final step is to click 'Submit Ride'.
Catching your Ride:
- When your ride is submitted, it enters the queues of nearby drivers. Your app will display 'Waiting for available drivers' until a driver accepts your ride request. Once a driver has accepted your ride, your app will notify you that 'Your Ride is on the way' and give you an estimated time of arrival (ETA).
- You can monitor your driver with your app, as a yellow vehicle icon, which will appear on your map once a driver has accepted your ride.
- Drivers also have a 'Honk' feature that will send you an alert when they have arrived to your location. Drivers will only wait 3 minutes from your given ETA before leaving, so be sure to be ready and waiting at the time your ride is scheduled.
- Drivers reserve the right to cancel rides, in accordance to SafeRide policies and regulations. If a driver cancels your ride for any reason, you will receive a notification indicating the ride is canceled and why.
- As a rider, you may also cancel your ride right from your app by selecting the 'Cancel Ride' button.