Regulations for a SafeRide
Things to Know When Getting a Ride
There are also regulations and etiquette that pertain to receiving a SafeRide. Students agree to these policies when they request a ride - the University is able to deny a ride if these policies are not being honored.
SafeRide is a safety service not at taxi, as such there are several rules to keep in mind.
- SafeRide will only pick up 3 people per ride.
- SafeRide will not accept advance reservations, all rides are dispatched on a first come first served basis.
- SafeRide doesn’t allow scheduled destinations to be changed after being picked-up. The destination that is scheduled during the initial call is where you will be taken.
- SafeRide will not transport you beyond our transportation boundaries.
- SafeRide will not provide rides for less than 3 blocks.
- SafeRide will only provide rides that have a drop-off or pick-up located on Northwestern's Evanston campus.
- SafeRide will not accept rides on the Evanston Loop or Campus Loop Routes if the wait is greater than 40 mins.
- SafeRide will not pick up from bars or drop off at bars after 10pm.
- SafeRide will not schedule rides that result in a wait time in excess of 80 minutes.
- You must be on time for your pickup, other passengers are waiting so your car cannot wait more than three minutes.
- SafeRide reserves the right to refuse service in situations that place our drivers in danger. Examples of this may include drunk, disorderly or abusive passengers.
- SafeRide will charge $125.00 if you vomit in a SafeRide vehicle to cover the cost of cleaning the vehicle. Incidents involving vomiting in SafeRide vehicles are reported to the Office of Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution.
- SafeRide does not provide medical transport. If you need an ambulance please use one, for less serious medical problems please see Northwestern's policy on Medical Transport of Students.