Financial and Accounting Policies
For your reference, the university's financial and accounting policies are listed below.
- The Anti-Bribery policy provides guidance to departments and schools regarding bribery and other improper payments in the conduct of Northwestern University business operations as required by the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Bank Deposits, Preparing and Making
Charitable Donations and Fundraising
Expenses, Payments, Reimbursements and Refunds
- Accounts Payable International and Foreign Currency Payment Procedures
- Direct Payment Request Policy
- Entertainment & Courtesy Guidelines
- Express Check Policy
- Payments to Non-resident Alien Independent Contractors
- Procurement Card Cardholder Guide
- 90-day Rule Policy and FAQs
- Non-travel Advance Policy and Procedure
- Travel & Entertainment Policy
Equipment Inventory and Disposal
Gifts, Faculty and Staff
Human Subject Payments
Identity Theft Prevention
Mobile Communications and Home Computing
- Mobile Communications and Home Computing Policy: cell phones, PDAs, Smartphones, iPhones and related service plans, laptop or tablet computers, home Internet connectivity and home computing.
- Taxable Allowance for Employee-owned Device and Service Plan